HOME / ARTICLES / HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATED INFECTIONS
Healthcare Associated Infections: An Avoidable Risk
- Increasing mortality and increasing costs
- 30% of ICU patients are affected by at least one episode of healthcare-associated infection.
- Newborns are also at higher risk, especially in low-income areas. Among hospital-born babies in developing countries, HAIs are responsible for 4% to 56% of all causes of death in the neonatal period.
- Double control system – optical sensor and mechanical – for use in operational safety conditions
- Microprocessor for irradiation and security controls
- Special polycarbonate body
- Lightweight (100 grams) and pocket-sized (limited footprint), like a typical smartphone
- Special shiny polycarbonate body
- Compatible with every stethoscope type and dimension (pediatric, neonatal, cardiological…)